Please, fill in all the fields of the form
Software License Agreement for Academic/Nonprofit Use
This Software License is made by Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (Licensor), to the Customer (Licensee) as an essential element of agreement between Licensor and Licensee, who is being licensed to use the “Virtual Laboratory of Nuclear Fission” (Software).
1. Customer and Licensor agree that this Software License is deemed to be part of, and subject to, the terms of the Agreement applicable to both parties.
2. Licensee acknowledges that this is only a limited nonexclusive license. Licensor is and remains the owner of all titles, rights, and interests in the Software.
3. The Software shall only be used for an educational or non-commercial purpose
4. This License permits Licensee to install the Software on more than one computer system, but not more than 15 (fifteen) computer system only for use in educational process (Academic/Nonprofit Use). Licensee will not make copies of the Software or allow copies of the Software to be made by others, unless authorized by this License Agreement. Licensee may make copies of the Software for backup purposes only.
5. The use of the Software is only offered by JINR Member States and associated members to a limited class of academic and nonprofit organizations, which are defined in the sole and exclusive discretion of JINR.
6. The right and license to use the Software is subject to the provision of a license key (“Key”) which is issued by Licensor and delivered to YOU at the beginning of YOUR license period.
7. The Software and the Key are delivered to YOU electronically by download and/or other electronic means of delivery provided by Licensor. Licensor shall only be responsible to hand over the Software and/or Key.
8. Licensee agrees to defend and indemnify Licensor and hold Licensor harmless from all claims, losses, damages, complaints, or expenses connected with or resulting from Licensee's business operations.
9. Licensor shall have no obligation to offer support services to Licensee, and nothing contained herein shall be interpreted as to require Licensor to provide maintenance, installation services, debugging, consultation, or end-user support of any kind
10. Licensee acknowledges that the Licensed Software is proprietary to Licensor. The software code of the Licensed Software shall be treated as trade secrets and confidential information, and Licensee agrees to use their best efforts to hold the same in confidence. Licensee's obligation for confidentiality shall not extend to any information which is, or becomes, generally available to the public, is already known to, or subsequently disclosed by third parties to, Licensee and is at its free disposal, or is independently developed by Licensee or its affiliates without the use of the confidential information disclosed by Licensor, or is required by law or legal process.
Except as otherwise expressly permitted in this Agreement, Licensee may not (i) modify or create any derivative works of the Licensed Software or documentation to the Licensed Software, including customization, translation or localization; (ii) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Product; (iii) redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Licensed Software; (iv) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Product; or (v) publish any results of benchmark tests run on the Product to a third party without Licensor 's prior written consent.
11. Licensor has the right to terminate this License Agreement and Licensee's right to use this Software upon any material breach by Licensee
12. Licensee agrees to return to Licensor or to destroy all copies of the Software upon termination of the License
I have read this License Agreement and I agree to uphold the terms and conditions of this license.